Sunday, September 25, 2011

Boring Sickness

Wow, a whole week without an update.  And I wonder why I don't have a loyal audience.

The Posette is still experiencing morning sickness, which is one of those misnomers like "military intelligence." There's no Linda Blair head spinning, it's more of a constant, dull stomachache, which keeps the Posette on the couch.  Or that's what she tells me, it's entirely possible she's faking in some elaborate ruse to get me to do the dishes.

"Oh, don't worry, honey.  You stay on the couch, I'll do the dishes.... Yes, I'll be happy to get you some water... Would you like a yogurt?"  

But a stomachache is a lot less exciting than Spectacular Stories of Vomitus, which I don't have.  It ain't the Roman Empire at Poseur HQ.

Instead, it's like living with someone who constantly has a fever of 99 degrees.  You know, just enough that you're not faking, but not enough that anyone really feels any sympathy for you.  It's being sick in a very boring way.  It's like the United Nations of sickness.

What this mainly means is that we don't leave the house a whole lot.  I mean, the Posette does a quick analysis of the Cost-Benefit of going out versus taking a nap, and you know what?  The nap usually wins.  Going out involves being ambulatory.  Sometimes for hours.

Naps, on the other hand, involve blankies.  Really, if your choice was to hang out with your husband's lawyer friends talk about lawyer stuff OR wrap yourself in a blankie and watch reruns of West Wing... well, come on. I think we'd all be watching President Bartlett.

See, boring.  That's what I got right now.  Lots and lots of boring.  That comes from not leaving the house except to go to work and forage for foodstuffs.  I feel this is good training for being a parent, in which I hope to be spectacularly boring.  Boring parents means that you're not calling poison control.  So, we'll see how that goes.

Boring looks good on me.  

No comments:

Post a Comment