Monday, October 3, 2011

Movie Night

The Posette loves horror movies.  Hell, I love horror movies.*

*My mom still insists I do not like horror movies because I was scared by Gremlins when I was 9.  Two things about this: 1) I was 9. 2) She's thinking of the neighbor's kids.  She wouldn't let me see Gremlins.

Whenever we are trying to decide what to watch, the Posette will invariably suggest "something scary".  So, being a bot of horror aficionado and knowing that the prequel is coming out in a few weeks, I helpfully suggested we watch The Thing.

I do not regret this decision, as it is the second best John Carpenter movie starring Kurt Russell (Big Trouble in Little China being the clear #1).  However, if you're not familiar with your 80s horror films, and shame on you if you aren't, The Thing is about a parasite which grows inside a person and eventually takes over that person's body.

OK, so it's not Rosemary's Baby, but this had to be real high on the list of movies not to show a pregnant woman.  When she wakes up in the middle of the night, thinking that the Little Poseur is trying to possess her via orbital mind control lasers, I'm really only going to have myself to blame on that front.  So, yeah, that's my fault.

On the flip side, it really is a great movie and the Posette hadn't seen it, which was a gross oversight on her part. It's not my fault she waited until pregnancy to see a movie about evil parasites growing inside you.

But if her belly grows fangs and bites my arms off, well, I'm going to be a little upset with myself.  Because I should have seen that one coming.

No comments:

Post a Comment